Sunday, March 7, 2010

working hard...or hardly working

Haha, corny title..but yes I have been working hard this fine weekend. On Saturday, we celebrated my dear friend Elise's birthday party by volunteering at Feed My Starving Children. At that wonderful place you pack food ingredients that will be sent to children that don't have food. It was a moving experience. I hope to do it again sometime.

Photo is from flickr.com

Anyway, off topic but.... it did inspire me to use materials that I already had to create some cuteness. I ended up making this tree clip out of some old ribbon. I used random colors to make it less Christmas-ish. I also made this stuffed chipmunk out of an old orphan glove. Except I used a gray glove and so it looked like a mouse. And my sewing  isn't that great. But, I still think it's cute. I PROMISE pictures as soon as I find my upload cable!

I'm liking the sort-of sketchy, homemade look for plushes and stuff right now. What do you think, imaginary readers? Hello?
                                                                                                 Sleepy time now,
                                                                                                          Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment